The UK-China Film Collaboration Project is a research-industry partnerships development initiative.
Its primary aim is to support collaboration in international film distribution and exhibition between the UK and China, by sharing new knowledge and insights. Our network gathers industry, academic and government partners together to work on specific case studies, campaigns and knowledge exchange. The first stage of this project (February – October 2019) is funded by the AHRC’s UK-China Creative Partnership Development Grants, with match funding from our partners.
The project Principal Investigator has recently submitted an application for the second stage of funding (3 years extension). The outcome will be announced in January 2020.
There are five core questions this project addresses:
1. How can the distribution and exhibition of UK films (including coproduction with other countries) in China be increased ?
2. How can the distribution and exhibition of Chinese films (including coproduction with other countries) in the UK be increased ?
3. How can UK brands and companies enter the Chinese market to export their film distribution and exhibition services?
4. How can Chinese film brands and companies invest in film distribution and exhibition services in the UK?
5. What are the unexplored entrepreneurial, cultural and training potentials in international film distribution and exhibition between the two countries?
For the official awarding information, please visit here.