What British films have been selected for this year’s Beijing International Film Festival 2020?
To follow the success of the Shanghai International Film Festival, the 10th Beijing International Film Festival kicked off on Saturday, August 22. While 24 films (including shorts) were selected for the Shanghai programme, 10 were included for the Beijing edition. In general, the Beijing titles are more recent than the Shanghai ones although The Furthest Witness is certainly an odd choice:
- Eternal Beauty (2019), dir. Craig Roberts, UK
- Running Naked (2020), dir. Victor Buhler, UK
- The Elephant Man (1980, 4K restoration), dir. David Lynch, UK/US
- Krabi, 2562 (2019), dir. Anocha Suwichakornpong & Ben Rivers, UK/Thailand
- Hope Gap (2019), dir. William Nicholson, UK
- We Are X (2016), dir. Stephen Kijak, Japan/UK/US
- Love Sarah (2020), dir. Eliza Schroeder, UK
- Perfect Ten (2019), dir. Eva Riley, UK
- The Great Italian (2017), dir. Maurizio Gigola, Italy/UK
- The Furthest Witness (2017), dir. Adam Del Giudice, US/UK
Comparing to other European countries such as France and Italy, the programme for British films once again under performs. The UK-China Film Collab will continue to advocate and support more film submissions from the UK to this specific festival in the future, please do get in touch if you are interested in an adventure.